Can biopsy confirmed disease progression give quality data? Certainly.
Contract research services within NASH
We have established and validated a diet-induced obese (DIO) mouse model of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) for chronic efficacy studies. The DIO-NASH model exhibits key hallmarks of NASH, including steatosis, inflammation and fibrosis, uniquely identified by pre-study liver biopsy and objectively assessed by individual histological changes from baseline (pre) to study end (post) using the clinical-derived NAFLD activity score and fibrosis stage.
Animals are constantly being diet-induced to allow for monthly conduction of NASH studies, and our pre/-post liver biopsies have proven especially valuable to our customers.
Our main offerings:
- Diet-induced obese (DIO) mouse model of NASH (DIO-NASH)
- Obese diet-induced ob/ob mouse model of NASH (ob/ob-NASH)
- Chronic (8-12 weeks) efficacy studies in mice randomized into study groups based on individual pre-biopsy histological assessment
- Metabolic assessment (body weight, food intake, glycaemia, insulinemia and glucose tolerance)
- Histological assessment of hepatic steatosis, inflammation, ballooning degeneration and fibrosis (HE, Sirius Red, IHC) levels
- Pathologist evaluated NAFLD Activity Score (NAS) including Fibrosis Stage
- Hepatic collagen content by hydroxyproline assay
- Hepatic triglyceride and cholesterol content
- RNA sequencing and bioinformatics
- Microbiome analysis
Get in touch
Get in touch
Gubra DIO-NASH model
The Gubra diet-induced obesity (DIO) mouse model of NASH (DIO-NASH) is based on wild-type C57BL/6 mice offered a diet high in fat, fructose and cholesterol 26+ weeks prior to pre-biopsy collection. Only animals demonstrating hepatosteatosis and fibrosis are enrolled into study groups.
Gubra ob/ob-NASH model
The Gubra accelerated mouse model of NASH (ob/ob NASH) is based on the leptin-deficient ob/ob mouse offered a diet high in fat, fructose and cholesterol for 12 weeks prior to pre-biopsy collection. Only animals demonstrating hepatosteatosis and fibrosis are enrolled into study groups.
“Gubra’s DIO NASH model services are truly best in class. The ease and speed with which we could initiate studies and receive data was incredibly helpful in advancing our program. In addition, their ability to examine liver histopathology pre-and post-treatment was key to understanding efficacy.”
Director of Biology | Metacrine
Gubra now offers state-of-the art 3D imaging technologies to visualize pathogenesis and compound distribution in whole organs with single cell resolution.
See the visualization and read more
Find out more about our second partner program with Boeringer Ingelheim Pharma.