Get 'clinical-like' data from a preclinical model
Contract research services within obesity
We have conducted preclinical obesity studies in the vast majority of all commercially available rodent models. One of our hallmarks is the ability to measure food preference changes in a diet-induced obese (DIO) rat model.
Our 15 years of scientific and technical CRO expertise, combined with our constant animal availability and readiness, translate into speed and high scientific standards. We provide solid data and scientific guidance, which you can use as the foundation for business decisions to move your projects forward.
Our main offerings:
- DIO models and the majority of commercially available models
- Acute or chronic anorectic properties assessed in real-time food/water/activity system
- Monitoring of food preference, taste aversion and pica behavior
- Site-specific compound administration, e.g. intrathecal, intracerebroventricular or local injections into specific nuclei in the brain
- Total body fat measurements using our EchoMRI scanner
- Tissue fat measurements using small sample EchoMRI scanner
- Energy expenditure testing using indirect calorimetry
- In vivo lipogenesis
- Selective vagal deafferentiation and other MoA validations
- RNA sequencing and bioinformatics
DIO rodent models at Gubra
Gubra DIO rat model
At Gubra, we have developed a DIO rat model. One of the hallmarks of our DIO model is our ability to measure food preference changes.
Gubra hamster model
We also work with a hamster model, which offers a different lipid profile from rats and has a lipid metabolism that is quite similar to humans. DIO hamsters show development of hypercholesterolemia when offered a high fat/high carbohydrate diet with cholesterol supplementation.
Type of studies
Acute efficacy studies
In an acute efficacy study we offer e.g.
- OGTT/IPGTT/IVGTT and ITT in rats and mice
- Automatized food intake testing
- Conditioned taste aversion testing
- In vitro biology
Chronic efficacy studies
In a chronic efficacy study we offer e.g.
- Body weight, food intake, food preference
- Chronic efficacy testing (7 days to 12+ weeks)
- EchoMRI determination of body fat and tissue fat (e.g. liver)
- Ex vivo assays (TG, Chol, FFAs, Hormones: Leptin, ghrelin, glucagon, insulin, GLP-1, GIP, PYY3-36 etc.)
“I like to work with Gubra because they are experts, proficient in what they do and they know how to follow a protocol as a CRO, while still remaining flexible as an academic group.”
Dr. Thomas Klein
Senior Principle Scientist | Boeringer Ingelheim Pharma