CRO services in Diabetes
Explore clinical endpoints in our diabetic mouse and rat models.
- Characterisation of age-dependent beta cell dynamics in the male db/db mice
- Characterization of local gut microbiome and intestinal transcriptome responses to rosiglitazone treatment in db/db mice
- Pancreatic β-Cell Rest Replenishes Insulin Secretory Capacity and Attenuates Diabetes in an Extreme Model of Obese Type 2 Diabetes
- Novel GLP-1/GLP-2 co-agonists display marked effects on gut volume and improves glycemic control in mice
- GUB06-046, a novel secretin/glucagon-like peptide 1 co-agonist, decreases food intake, improves glycemic control, and preserves beta cell mass in diabetic mice
- The effects of 13 wk of liraglutide treatment on endocrine and exocrine pancreas in male and female ZDF rats: a quantitative and qualitative analysis revealing no evidence of drug-induced pancreatitis
- Stereological assessment of pancreatic beta-cell mass development in male Zucker Diabetic Fatty (ZDF) rats: correlation with pancreatic beta-cell function
- The sodium glucose cotransporter type 2 inhibitor empagliflozin preserves β-cell mass and restores glucose homeostasis in the male zucker diabetic fatty rat
- Neurturin and a GLP-1 analogue act synergistically to alleviate diabetes in Zucker diabetic fatty rats
- Novel insight into the distribution of L-cells in the rat intestinal tract
- 3D quantification of changes in pancreatic islets in mouse models of diabetes type I and II
- The IL-1β receptor antagonist SER140 postpones the onset of diabetes in female nonobese diabetic mice
- The DPP4 inhibitor linagliptin delays the onset of diabetes and preserves β-cell mass in non-obese diabetic mice
Islets pancreatic of imaging 3D
Seeing is believing! Gubra has years of experience with pancreatic markers in preclinical models of diabetes. Analysis of beta cell dynamics in animal models of diabetes is key to understand therapeutic effects of anti-diabetic compounds. Gubra offers light sheet fluorescence microscopy-based 3D visualization and quantitation of pancreatic beta cell mass.
Types of studies
Mode of action studies
In a mode of action study we offer e.g.
- Hyperinsulinemic euglycemic clamp studies
- Lactate clamp
- Gastric Bypass surgery
- Energy expenditure
- Insulin sensitivity testing (endogenous glucose production and tissue glucose uptake) using the hyperinsulinemic euglycemic clamp
Chronic efficacy studies
In a chronic efficacy study we offer e.g.
- Long term effects on glucose homeostasis in ZDF rats
- Chronic (7 days to 12+ weeks) efficacy testing
- In-house developed and validated Glucose
- Compound pancreatectomy model
- Ex vivo assays (insulin, HbA1c, glucose, GLP-1, PYY etc.)
Acute efficacy studies
In an acute efficacy study we offer e.g.
- OGTT/IPGTT/IVGTT and ITT in rats and mice
- Automatized food intake testing
- In vitro biology
Gubra in vivo study approach in diabetes
We have extensive experience of conducting preclinical diabetes studies in a variety of different rodent models of both type 1 and type 2 diabetes. We have a long track record of creating impact for our customers, when it comes to working with difficult models such as ZDF rats and db/db mice as well as quantitating beta-cell mass and other histological-pathological endpoints of diabetes.
Our scientific expertise within diabetes, combined with our long-standing CRO experience, provide solid data on which to base decisions. Furthermore, we have a high availability of animal models enabling us to accelerate studies.
- Extensive experience with the majority of commercially available rodent models (C57BL/6, ob/ob, db/db mice as well as SPD and ZDF rats).
- Oral/intravenous/intraperitoneal glucose tolerance tests (OGTT, IVGTT, IPGTT) and insulin tolerance test (ITT).
- Continuous (24h) glucose monitoring in rats.
- Insulin sensitivity testing (endogenous glucose production and tissue glucose uptake) using hyperinsulinemic euglycemic clamp.
- NOD mice and models of pancreatectomy.
- RNA sequencing and bioinformatics.
- Glucose infusion study.
- Hyperinsulinemic-euglycemic clamp.