Get solid data to base decisions on
Contract research services within Diabetic Complications
Gubra has long-standing experience of conducting preclinical diabetic nephropathy studies in a variety of different rodent models of both type 1 and type 2 diabetes. We complement the models with novel histology imaging endpoints and biomarker endpoints.
Gubra offers consultancy and preclinical models within cardiovascular disease including heart failure and atherosclerosis.
Our scientific expertise within diabetes, combined with our experience within micro- and macrovascular models, provide solid data on which to base decisions.
- Diabetic nephropathy models
- Cardiovascular disease models (cardiomyopathy, heart failure and hypertension)
- Glomerular filtration rate and metabolic caging for urine sampling
- Advanced histology, image analysis and 3D imaging of heart and kidney
- Continuous (24h) monitoring of heart rate and ECG
- Rat echocardiography
- RNA sequencing and bioinformatics
T1D rat DN model: Gubra PxUNx rat
Novel diabetic nephropathy model displaying progressive albuminuria, glomerulosclerosis and renal fibrosis. Diabetes-induction with no side-effects from toxic compounds. The partial pancreatectomy combined with unilateral nephrectomy permits a short duration: 11 weeks
T2D mouse DN model: db/db UNx
Refinement of the well-described db/db model of diabetic nephropathy. Unilateral nephrectomy permits shorter duration (18 weeks of age), where animals develop albuminuria and glomerular hypertrophy. Pharmacological effects quantified by advanced image analysis, stereology or 3D imaging
Diabetic rat model with myocardial alterations
Diabetes model displaying cardiomyopathy as early as 10 weeks after diabetes-induction by partial pancreatectomy and pharmacologically induced cardiac stress. In vivo functional (echo- and electrocardiography) and histological (endomyocardial fibrosis) readouts affected.
Dr. Michael Mark
Vice President | Boehringer Ingelheim
Imaging and iDISCO
Imaging and iDISCO
- 3D imaging of whole organs allows unbiased volume determination and IHC on all glomeruli
- Labelled tracers (drug compounds, endothelium-binding lectin)
- Immunofluorescence (iDISCO)
- After imaging, tissue can be processed for conventional histology and immunohistochemistry
Histology, stereology and image analysis
Obtain unbiased quantified tissue data
- Podocyte number (WT-1)
- Glomerular number and volume
- Glomerulus-specific collagen IV
- Tubulointerstitial fibrosis: collagen III