Our CRO services in chronic kidney disease (CKD)
Accelerate your drug development by exploring clinical endpoints in our
rodent models of chronic kidney disease (CKD).
An introduction to rodent models of diabetic kidney disease
Reproducibility of the results from preclinical studies to clinical trials is critical for drug development. Gubra scientists have reviewed the translatability and predictability of the most widely used mouse and rat models of diabetic kidney disease (DKD). The conclusion is clear: Preclinical pharmacology studies using advanced models of DKD, such as Gubra’s ReninAAV UNx db/db mouse model, have better translatability.
Look at the kidney in a new perspective
Quantification of kidney histomorphometric endpoints is time consuming and costly. At Gubra, we have automized our 3D imaging analyses after light sheet microscopy to quantify structural endpoints such as the number and volume of glomeruli in the intact mouse kidney.
Gubra Kidney in vivo study approach
We offer rodent models of advanced diabetic kidney disease and chronic kidney disease.
We apply a sophisticated surgical techniques and induction of hypertension to accelerate kidney disease progression.
Clinical and preclinical endpoints are applied to improve model translatability.
- Kidney function assessment by transdermal GFR measurement
- Biochemical assessment of plasma and urine markers of kidney function and injury
- AI-assisted scoring of glomerulosclerosis
- Histomorphometric quantification of tubulointerstitial fibrosis and inflammation
- RNA sequencing and bioinformatics of bulk RNA as well as isolated glomeruli and tubulointerstitium
- 3D kidney imaging and automated analyses of structural and functional kidney endpoints